Muhammad Ali is my name and I see myself as a devoted and hard working software engineer striving to keep up to date with the latest inventions and technologies in the IT world. Likeness for writing is one of the reasons that brought me here.I relish and strive on facing challenges and coming out of them with flying colors.
Posts by Muhammad Ali
Alltel has made an announcement, in which it has highlighted its plan to release LG Banter slider phone. Reports suggest that the slider phone will be made available to public on 15th March.
LG Banter comprises of a QWERTY keyboard which can be slided, a QVGA display, and a 1.3 megapixel camera. The ever stylish slider phone has a faceplate which can be changed if one desires to do so. Wait, there is even more, the phone does offer bluetooth connectivity and a microSD card slot for increasing the storage capacity (16 GB support).
The Banter phone has almost a similar look to that of the LG Rumor2. Its internal features are same, but design is a little bit different.
Here is the list of all the specifications that i was able to collect:
- Band: CDMA 800/1900MHz
- Data: 1xRTT
- Size: 112mm x 51mm x 18mm (4.4in x 2.0in x 0.7in)
- Weight: 119g (4.2oz)
- Battery Standard: LiIon battery
- Battery Life: Estimated 12 days of standby
- Estimated: 5.5 hours talk time
- Main Display: 2-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixels)
- Camera: 1.3 megapixel
- Messaging: SMS/MMS/IM
- Email: Web-based
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Memory: microSD card slot
- Other: 2.5mm audio jack, changeable back and face plates
When i wrote a post about the leaked download of Windows 7 Build 7057 32 bit edition, i knew that its 64 bit version is around the corner waiting to be leaked. Well my instincts did not let me down. Yes you guessed it, its 64 bit version has been leaked, and you can get the leaked download 0f the 64 bit edition of Windows 7 Build 7057 right here.
This latest leaked download is available on famous and notorious torrent sites. The Build has a total size of 3.2 GB. If you want to download the 32 bit version of Build 7057, please see my other post Windows 7 Build 7057 (32 bit). Best of luck downloading and using the latest build.
The bug fixes release for Google Chrome just keep coming. This time Dev Channel have releaesed 2.0..169.1.The release 18.104.22.168 comprises of a number of fixes on the top of 22.214.171.124 release. To get detailed information about the bug fix release of 126.96.36.199 please click here.
If you are having difficulties in installing Google’s browser, then this release might be the potential solution to your problem. One of the most common and widely seen problem is the one related to installs or updates which happens when a user’s %TMP% directory is pointing to a different partition of the hard disk other than their C drive.
Here is a list of all the changes in this release :
Noteable changes :
- Make the last tab have a right-click menu. Issue 8519
- Bring V8 to version 188.8.131.52 (r1458).
- Stop history search going on beyond the start of history. Issue 8438, and Issue 8456
- Fix black titlebars rendering when toggling DWM when the window is maximized. Issue 8526
- Fix horizontal scrolling to not be reversed on tilt wheel mice and old Thinkpads. Issue 8590
- Fixes crash in ResizeCorner. Issue 8477
- Make Google Chrome windows not hide auto-hide taskbars. Issue 20, and Issue 8410
- Fix installer failure when %TMP% not on C:Issue 8505
- Issue 8453: Regression: about:network dialog shows up behind current Google Chrome window
- Issue 8399: Bookmarking a page not reflected on history page when open
- Issue 8318: “Exit Full Screen” link does nothing
- Issue 8372: Background paint issues with Task manager in maximized mode.
- Issue 8289: Drag drop of bookmark from IE/FF crashes tab and then loads the page
- Issue 8040: Zoom is broken in [New Tab]
- Issue 8345: Browser can crash when removing saved passwords
- Issue 8653: CPU can go to 100% while scrolling a page using Flash
- Issue 8669: Dragging a link/bookmark into tabs may be ignored
Is it the case that you use one account for most of the time or you use your home computer quite frequently? If yes, then you might be annoyed with the fact that you have to intertact with the login screen every time. Well those annoying days are over now. In this post i will show how to make your computer log in automatically.
These are the steps that you should follow:
- Open the Run Dialog Box. This can be done either by using the key combination Windows Key + R or Click Start–> Run.
- In the Run Dialog Box, enter “control userpasswords2″.
- You will see an option ” Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”. Uncheck this option and click “OK” as shown below :
- You will be prompted to confirm your password (if you have set one), confirm your password and you are done with it.
Following these steps will eliminate the need to provide your credentials every time you see the login screen. Best of luck in enabling this feature.
Good news for developers! API for Google Friend Connect is now available in Google Labs. Google Friend Connect enables the owner of the site to instantly increase the traffic and number of viewers to their respective websites.
Friend Connect has paved the way for various sites to build and enhance thier communities. Google Friend Connect had two primary goals which were :
- Make it easy for every site owner to add Friend Connect to their site, regardless of their technical capabilities. This can be done by letting site owners simply paste snippets of code into their websites’ HTML to instantly provide social capabilities on their sites.
- Be open by letting visitors control their own data and freely share it with sites and services as they see fit. Services that are currently integrated with Friend Connect include OpenID providers like Yahoo!, social network providers like Twitter, and update aggregators like Plaxo Pulse.
Looking at this from the developer’s perspective, the Lab release of this API provides you with the following features:
- REST APIs: To integrate your existing login systems, registered users and your personal existing data with new social data and activities.
To make use of the recently released API and use it on your website, visit Friend Connect and access the “For Developers” section to get the snippet that will enable you to use the new API on your site.
Yesterday i wrote a post informing you about the leaked download of Windows 7. Did you think you would be getting another post related to the latest leaked build of Windows 7? I certainly thought so and here is what i have for you today.
The latest build i.e Build 7057 comprises of 30 new wallpapers. All the wallpaper are well thought out and designed, and are of the highest quality. These wallpapers are targeted towards nature, interesting architects etc. To get a more clear idea of what i am talking about, look at it by yourself :
To get the whole collection of the latest wallpapers for Build 7057, click here Download Build 7057 Wallpaper.
The pre-release build of Windows 7 just keep coming. This time a download for Windows 7 Build 7057 32 bit has been leaked. This comes just after the recent leaked download of Windows 7 Build 7048. The leaked download is in the form of a torrent which you can get it from here.
From what he hear, the download for the latest leaked build is available on major P2P sites. Many have confirmed it and have installed it. From what he have gathered uptil now, the latest build encompasses a new welcome and shut down screen. The build which was compiled on 5th March,2009 has an expiry date of 2nd March,2010. Have fun installing and using the latest build.
Google, the search engine giants have launched Google Voice. Google Voice is an application that is targeted to provide more efficient management of voice communication. Initially, Google Voice will be available to existing users of GrandCentral. GrandCentral is a service that was acquired by Google in July 2007.
The just released service contains the features provided by the GrandCentral service such as one number, screening, ListenIn, etc.In addition to these features the new features that Google Voice provides are:
- Transcriptions: In addition to being able to listen to your voicemail messages, you can choose to have your new voicemails automatically transcribed. You’ll see these transcriptions in your inbox and will be able to search for voicemails. Transcriptions are also included in email and SMS notifications. They are fully automated, so they aren’t perfect.
- SMS support: When somebody sends an SMS to your Google Voice number, that SMS will be relayed to each of your forwarding cell phones and stored in your inbox. You can reply from your computer or from any of your mobile phones and the conversation will be saved in your inbox. You’ll be able to read through the conversation thread and search for past messages.
- Conference calling: If you want to talk to more than one person at once, just tell everyone to call you on your Google number. When you get a call waiting notification, you will have the option to press 5 to add them to your existing call.
In addition to these features it also provides GOOG-411 integration, low cost international calling, and more. GrandCentral is also integrated with your Google account and your Google address book.
GrandCentral users will be getting guidelines on how to begin using Google Voice in the next few days.
Microsoft has introduced its very own Notebook Cooling Base. From the looks of things, Microsoft Hardware group seems poised to enter a new field of notebook accessories. The Hardware team’s latest invention intends to make the use of notebook more comfortable with a built-in fan and sleek form and shape.
The ever stylish Notebook Cooling Base offers reliable cooling with a built-in fan and efficient cooling channel to prevent overheating. It is quite easy to use and is compatible with any notebook and is contoured to rest on both desks and user’s lap, providing a comfortable typing angle.
The Notebook Cooling Base has the following features
- Portable design
- Only 1.16 inches thick
- Has a cable management clip to allow the cable to be neatly stored when not in use.
- USB-powered so no batteries are needed.
The Cooling Base will be available in July for an estimated retail price of $29.95 US dollars. Cooling your notebook can’t get more easier than this.
Is it the case that you haven’t downloaded Windows 7 Build 7048, but still want to use its sound and icon files, well you have come to the right place.
During the last week i wrote a post related to dowloading the latest build of Windows 7. If you still want to download it, you can get instructions here as to how to do it. Just want to download the wallpapers, then go here.
Coming back to our discussion, provided below are the links for downloading icons and sound files respectively.
Get going on with it and have fun.