Posts tagged Google Mobile
Google has rolled out yet another update to its popular Google Mobile for iPhone app. This update which may sound small in terms of the change log but brings the all important push notification feature for the iPhone users. With this upgrade, you can bye bye to the disappointment of missing out important emails and commitments.
What? Not another blockage of Google services in China, not again? I am afraid it is true. Google reports that its mobile services have been partially blocked in China. Confusion exists regarding the Chinese government involvement, but don’t be surprised if they are. More >
Nexus One’s Trackball is regarded as one of the most customizable feature. Don’t believe me, ask the XDA folks and they will tell you the same. To prove it once again, metalhead8816 an XDA Developer member has rolled out a couple of Trackball Mods namely TrackballWake and TrackballSkip. The functionality of each mod is discussed after the jump.
Google Mobile app for iPhone and iPod Touch has been updated. The update which takes the app version number to 0.4.5.3281 brings voice search awesomeness for iPod Touch 2G or higher. Besides this impressive addition, it also brings its fair share of fixes and improvements which are listed after the jump.
We all heard rumors regarding Google introducing its own mobile phone, Google Mobile. Guess what they turned out to be real. Nexus One is the name assigned to Google’s very own phone. Mario Queiroz, Vice President of Product Management at Google has confirmed the existence of this phone. All details regarding the search engine giant’s mobile phone are mentioned below.
Google believes that using Google Mobile App on your Windows Mobile phone will give you a faster, easier and convenient experience. Google makes these claims based on changes that it made to its Google Mobile app for Windows Mobile.
New features in Google Mobile App for Windows Mobile
The new features or additions to Google Mobile App for Windows Mobile phone include the following:
- With this feature, you are no longer required to provide your location when you want to confine your search to local results. For example, let’s say you reside in NewYork and you want to search for the local Apple Store, you only need to write Apple Store in your search query and the search results will bring local results as well as the worldwide results. The moment you see a blue colored dot labeled “My Location” followed by your current location, that’s an indication that the My Location feature is active.
- Stores your most recent location so that future searches can utilize this useful information
My Location takes your privacy seriously
- The location is encrypted when sent to the server.
Disable My Location feature
- You can always disable the new My Location feature using the Advanced Options screen
- Suggestion feature comes to Google Mobile App for Windows Mobile. This feature provides URL suggestions (e.g. search for Facebook) as well as normal textual suggestions which help you complete our queries and save your valuable time.
Search with Maps
- How would you feel if Google gives you the option to search inside Google Maps. Well Google has done just that, you just need to have Google Maps installed onto your Windows Mobile phone. To use this smart feature, type your local query and wait for suggestions. Once the suggestions appear, select the suggestion with the red pin symbol to start your search inside Google Maps.
Download latest Google Mobile App for Windows Mobile
To get the latest version of Google Mobile App for Windows Mobile, visit m.google.com from your phone
Google has introduced ‘Search with My Location’ for iPhone 3.0. Now if someone wants to know which jazz clubs are near him, he don’t have to specify a location – he just search for “jazz clubs”.
At Google, we want to make searching the world around you as easy and informative as searching the web.
When you visit www.google.com from Safari on your iPhone 3.0, you can choose to turn on My Location by tapping on the link on the homepage. When you tap on the “update” link, your location will be updated and displayed right there on the homepage. Whenever you want to refresh your location, just tap the “update” link. Testing this in New York, my search for “jazz clubs” returned a many places within walking distance.
Google won’t use your location in search unless you explicitly opt to choose it. And you can always disable the feature from Preferences at the bottom of the homepage.
Search with My Location from Safari is available in English in the US and UK. Other country and language combinations will be integrated soon. You can also search with My Location using Google Mobile App, available from the iPhone App Store.
1. Immediacy of access
Quick key mechanism launches the application directly from the home screen, making search, Google Maps, Gmail, and other Google mobile services available immediately.
2. Immediacy of location
Google Mobile App for Nokia Series 60 smartphones comes with location awareness built in. If you use the My Location feature, you’ll get local search results that relate to where you are.
3. Immediacy of query formulation
The dual approach is followed to help make query formulation little efficient. First, your search history is available so that it’s easy to repeat queries. Second, query based suggestions is offered on what has been entered so far to get you to your results as quickly as possible.
In Google Mobile App, an item is provided in Settings to let people choose what best suits them.
Yesterday, Google Mobile team announced that they have made significant and impressive changes to the Gmail version used with Android and iPhone devices. These significant changes were made possible using aggressive caching, making use of latest browser technologies namely HTML5 and Gears.The full impact and benefit of these technologies is not completely visible at the current phase, but will enable the Google Mobile team to improve performance and come with more features.
The noteable changes include:
- Improved Speed when opening an email, performing navigation and searching tasks.
- Ability to read, compose email messages in offline mode.
- Improved Look and feel for messages.
- Search menu made more accessible by placing it in the top header.
- Easy to read labels and their look is similar to the one you are used to with the desktop version of Gmail.
- A floaty bar which scrolls with you as you move up and down to making it more convenient for you to archive, delete your messages and other similar tasks.
Few points to keep in mind which include:
- The latest Gmail edition for mobile only provides support to iPhone/iPodTouch OS 2.2.1. or above. If you have anything below this firmware, you will get the previous version of Gmail mobile.
- Supports all android based devices.
- The latest edition is available in English only.